Tuesday, July 15, 2014

9 weeks out

I'm officially 9 weeks post op, and only 3 more sessions of PT! Really 2 more weeks, but I am going out of town so will only go once next week, and twice the following week. But I will be SO HAPPY to be done with PT. Honestly that's part of the reason I am hesitant to get surgery on my left hip this fall, I am just so so over going to PT. Idk if it's bc my therapist isn't there anymore, or bc I can do everything on my own but still have to pay to make somebody make me do it .... Not sure. But mentally it's exhausting and I'm done with it. 

I did start ART (Active Release Technique) last week... And so far so good. After the first visit I noticed a change for a couple of hours. I had my second visit yesterday and I am feeling a really good sore and no pain. The chiropractors (who do my ART) said I should have no pain after 8ish visits- if it worked. There is usually a good chance of major improvement by then in patients. I'm hopeful. My right (op) hip feels better... my left is just meh though. They think I shouldn't have to get surgery on it, and this technique should work. I'm not holding my breath but I would like that very much. 

I do to for my left hip injection at the hospital on Monday. It's the protocol for surgery, so I figure why not. Plus, I've usually experienced the most pain after being in the car for a period of time, and we are going on a 7 hour trip this week, so it's perfect timing to have it done the day after we get home. 

Also, I would like to try running next week ... Maybe Wednesday or so. I'm going to start with 1 minute on, 1 minute off, for a total of 5 minutes. If it feels okay, do that a few times and add a minute or two for a few more times, etc. I'm sure I will be so out of shape that this will also help to ease back into it, hehe.

I would love to be running, even 1-2 miles (!) at a time when it's volleyball season. I loved doing that last year and felt good and active when I was coaching girls to be active. Even if I have to stop in October for another surgery, it'd be nice to get back into it a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment