Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Blah feeling

The past probably week or so has been pretty miserable for me. My left non op hip has been screaming at me, and I think it's bc of my trip my columbus for my 6 week post op, and just sitting in the car for a long period of time. I mean, misery. I have been taking either a pain pill or some kind of NSAID every single day since then. My right hip that I DID have the surgery on didn't even hurt this bad before surgery. 

My husband, kids, and I are going on a mini vacation in 3 weeks, LUCKILY my injection is the day after we return, bc that's a 7 hour carride that I know will kill my left hip.

My right one has been just okay ... I definitely feel outer hip pain, mostly where the top of my it band is. The doctor said I might get that for awhile, and I'm not fully healed until 6-8 months post op. Foam rolling has become my close friend, and actually helps quite a bit!

I'm not sure if I'm just overdoing it at the gym, or what. I was doing the gym exercises given to me at PT about 4x per week, but I cutting back to 3, and only doing the other things 3x per week as well. 2 of each being at PT. But I just can't seem to feel normal right now, since my longer carride last week. 

So today and tomorrow I won't be doing any working out other than riding my bike, which feels weird. In fact, I cut back to 3x per week at the gym, plus the 2x at PT. It doesn't seem like a lot, especially to me, but I still have burned out feelings. But I feel like I need to make due with this schedule to help with healing better. By backing off of working out, which is hard for me.

Which kind of means no more yoga, so I basically just wasted that money by buying a month package. Ugh. But I'd rather waste it than to push myself too much and re injure myself.

1 comment:

  1. There were definitely times where things just all around sucked. Keep the faith, it will get better!

    ReplyDelete