Tuesday, June 10, 2014

4 weeks post op

Yesterday marked 4 weeks from my surgery, and I'm doing pretty well. I would say great, but over the weekend I tweaked my hip a bit. My 2 year old was puking at all hours of the day, and I had to be a ninja and move in ways I didn't know I could in order for her to not puke on my bed or carpet. So, it was a little sore but I'm doing better each day.

Otherwise, my left (non op) is doing awful, as usual. But even more so than my right hip was pre surgery, bc the left is CONSTANT, whereas the right was bad only after certain things. Sigh ...

But I'm up to 20 minute on the bike, but still as level 1 resistance. I will ask my PT when we can move up. 

As far as exercises go, the things that I've been doing that I think help, are: (I don't know technical names)

Glute/quad squeezes (same time). 5 seconds at a time, 30 times.
Inner thigh squeeze with ball in between legs. Hold for 5 seconds, 30 times.
Band wrapped around your knees, bring knees out. Hold for 5 seconds, 30 times.
Bridges, squeezing glutes, with ball in between your knees. 5 seconds at a time, 30 times.

I've also done heel slides, laying on side and lifting leg up x30, and standing while moving leg/hip in circular motion. But those things I think I've moved beyond at this point. My PT did say we will start new exercises this week, though.  I've also only been doing them once a day too, instead of twice.

I've only been going once per week since I'm doing so well, but I imagine it'll be like twice a week once we start doing more intense stuff. 

1 comment:

  1. I pretty much do all the exercises you stated except the last few/standing ones. I'm hoping the glute squeezes help more poor starting to sag booty hahah. I'm sure you're fine even with the tweek and don't focus on your other hip. who knows?? maybe once this one is good to go the other will tone down. I know it's hard to think like that I'm trying to tell myself my other hip will be fine.

    ReplyDelete