Friday, June 13, 2014

New PT schedule

Since I'm now 4 weeks out, I was given a different routine for my PT. Man am I sore today! Mainly my right butt, so I'm going to have to even it out so my left butt doesn't look like a huge difference, ha ha. 

I can now add resistance to the bike to my comfort level. Yesterday I just did 2 bc I don't want to push it right off the bat. I was thinking I'd just move up each couple of times. But actually, I was only doing 4-5 before surgery anyways. 

We also did a lot of strength training exercises. In the gym I did:

Leg adductors
Leg abductors
Leg press (maybe like 75 lbs and it was super easy)
Hamstring curls
The machine you stand up at and do one leg at a time for your butt, and then side.

At PT we did:
Leg lifts- 4 ways (front, side, back, side)
Lunges
Walk sits
Walking backwards in squat form with a rope
Romanian dead lifts with 5 lb weights
Stair one leg squats (this was hard!)
Bridges lifting one leg up at a time
Planks

I was at PT for a good hour, too, maybe even a tad longer (& I went to workout on my own before going to PT, so I was SPENT after that). However, she told me to do the gym exercises one day, and the PT exercises the next, and alternate, that way I'm not killing myself every day. I'm at the gym about 4-5 times per week anyways, so that works for me. 

I didn't do anything yesterday though, bc I was so sore! 

But maybe my legs won't be so jiggly after a month of this, hehe. I feel like you can lose definition FAST on your legs! 

2 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP YOU GET TO DO ALL OF THAT?!?! That's great!!!! I know how you feel....I'm all jiggly too and my cellulite is back with a vengeance!!! I can't wait to start working out my legs and butt again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you must be tired after all that! Good job!

    ReplyDelete