Thursday, May 22, 2014

10 days post-op

I feel like everything has been pretty steady the past few days. Nothing changing much- which is sort of a bummer but I'm also still ahead of recovery so I shouldn't be too down on myself. I was telling a friend the other day that I'm doing really well, and sometimes it's not always a good thing bc I feel so good but still can't do things like I used to! Or I overdo it bc I'm feeling good at the time, and pay for it later. 

That's kind of how the past few days have played out. Feel great in the morning, but by the afternoon I'm laying down icing for the rest of the night.

The good news is- my PT cleared me for lifting upper body. So I have been in the gym the past two mornings. My plan is to go 4x per week, and add a 5th when I can. It's all upper body, so it's not as much as I want- but I'm so happy to be doing something!

Not to mention my twice per day PT exercises! I'm also up to 10 minutes on the bike, twice per day. 

I think my biggest complaint is my back- which may or may not be related to FAI anyways. But my PT said when I can get my abs stronger too (not until 4-6 weeks after surgery, though) that it should help a lot.

So anyways, just trucking along. I haven't been eating great but I hope to fix that next week- officially 2 weeks post op!

No comments:

Post a Comment