Friday, May 16, 2014

Day 5 post-op

I'm just sitting here in my CPM machine, bc my thigh was starting to tighten up a bit. Probably bc I might have overdone it a bit today. My husband and I went to the grocery store (after dropping the kiddos off at my sister's for the day) bc we are going to a "Freezer meal" party tomorrow. I think it was just too much walking. Not to mention, prepping food for said party and being on your feet. The CPM is actually helping out the tightness though. 

Speaking of, I probably only have been using it 3-4 hours per day. It's just hard to get it all in when I was going to PT, and doing stretches and icing, etc. Plus I like some time to not have my leg hooked up to something! 

I have been doing pretty good. I don't need the crutches at all unless I'm going longer distances. I attribute that to being really active and lifting up until surgery. I know I can't push it though otherwise. 

Last night I slept GREAT, bc I was able to sleep on my stomach! Before that my back was starting to hurt from laying in 1-2 positions all the time! 

I'm also starting to get my appetite back. I told myself I'd take it easy for a week or two and then really buckle down on diet. Although, I haven't been stuffing my face or anything, bc I really couldn't anyways! No room for some reason (maybe bc I haven't pooped in 5 days- sorry TMI). 

Still doing PT exercises twice a day and riding my bike twice a day for 5 minutes no resistance. 

Still taking pain meds but feel like I could space then out much further. I am just really sore and I bet a lot of that is from PT itself! 

Not going stir crazy yet, but going "this house needs cleaned!" crazy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment